Runnymede Collegiate Institute (Grades 9-12)
Runnymede Collegiate Institute is proud of its culturally diverse community where rights, respect and responsibility are valued and where learning and teaching in a safe environment are top priorities. We have 90 years of tradition in both academic and athletic excellence with clear expectations for students in the areas of attendance, performance and achievement. A population of around 700 students makes Runnymede an optimum size to provide recognition for individual merit and yet offer a wide array of co-curricular activities. With a variety of course offerings from computer technology to co-operative education, from modern languages to music, Runnymede meets the needs and interests of its diverse student population.
Fax: (416) 394-4445
Principal: Paul Edwards
Vice-Principal(s): Julie Ardell, Joseph Pollice
Runnymede Collegiate Institute Programs for Now and the Future:
For a registration appoinment please call 416-394-3200 and our team in the main office will be happy to assist you.
Strong Academic Programming
- We offer the only Masters program in high school – the Masters of Math, Science, Computer and Technology. Limited to two classes, motivated, enriched students are grouped together in core classes from grade 9 through to 11.
- Runnymede CI offers students specialized programs that include Masters, STELL@R and Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM).
- An Award-winning robotics team – 70 members strong – historically excels at the North American FIRST Robotics Challenge. The team mentors elementary schools in FIRST Lego League & continually represents TDSB at FIRST Robotics World Championships in St. Louis, USA.
- A rich history of athletics with more than 20 teams each year, including football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, hockey, track and eld and swimming. Both teams and individuals have won many regional and district championships and competed in OFSAA Provincial Championships.
- Offers a highly-regarded Communications Technology program for students who want to focus on video and audio editing, graphic design, animation, web page design and digital photography.
- More than 90 years of tradition and excellence in both academics and athletics.
Masters of Math, Science and Technology
The Masters of Math, Science & Technology (MMST) is a distinctive program in Toronto. Students who are motivated to study engineering, pre-med, math or physics at university should consider this specialized Runnymede Collegiate Institute program.
MMST students will benefit from:
- STEM-based integrated learning.
- The ability to “reach ahead” and take more upper year pre-university courses.
- The opportunity to participate in national and provincial-ranked math/science competitions.
- Presentation of a Masters certi cate and plaque upon graduation.
Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM)
The Masters offers an enrichment program for students in three areas: mathematics, science and technology.
Specialist High Skills Major program will enhance the enrichment opportunities in our current specialized Masters and Stell@r programs, which focus on science, math and technology. Constant changes in technology will continue to raise the demand for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals in years to come.
This program provides our students the experiential learning opportunities in the ICT industry at the high school level. Students will earn credits in Computer Systems, Software, Robotics, Communication, Photography and Digital Media. These courses will better prepare them to be in the leading edge for a future career.
Please visit the specified tabs for each of these programs on our main menu for even more detailed information.